When running your own business, it is no secret that buying wholesale clothing can greatly decrease your expenses. When starting a small business, the most important thing to think about is making a profit and a great way to do that is to purchase wholesale clothing. Here are 5 tips to show you how easy it can be.
1. First tip is to know what kind of clothing that you want to buy. Pick any designer, any style that you're interested in. Some wholesale distributors focus only on women's clothing, some on men's or children's, make sure you decide what you're looking for first.
2. Do your research. Check out the retail prices of the products that you want to resell. Start crunching numbers and calculating what your profit would be if you bought items on wholesale and then sold them at their retail price. Just look for the wholesale price that would make you the most profit once you resell the item. All you need is a calculator.
3. Don't take no for an answer. If there is a specific brand that you'd like to buy, go directly to the source?to the company that makes the brand. Approaching brands is sometimes hard because they require that you meet certain standards if you'd like to benefit from their wholesale prices. If that doesn't work out, you can check out online sites like Apparel For U to find wholesale clothing on sale.
4. Remember to check out the minimums! Most often wholesalers will require that you buy a minimum number of articles in order for you to obtain their clothing at wholesale prices. You may have to buy up to 100 of a certain product, or you may not have a minimum at all, but every distributor is different. No minimum = no problem.
5. Don't be stingy when shipping. Shipping wholesale clothes can take a very long time, especially when buying from international companies. To ensure that you have everything you need when you need it, let them ship it to your home or office. Don't forget to include shipping expenses in your pricing.
With these easy tips, you will be 5 steps ahead of the competition. Look for the best deals and do your research. Still having a hard time getting started? Keep reading for a few ideas on what experts say are the 3 most popular areas: men's, women's, and children, but which is the most lucrative?
Men have increasingly become more fashionable and concerned with their appearance. Fashion has come a long way, from the 3-piece suit to the currently popular fitted t-shirts and tight jeans. Men love things that emphasize their physique and they've never been so interested in fashion. However, women are a more profitable demographic; they're always looking for something else, something new, something more accentuating. Surprisingly, more than men's and women's clothing, children's clothing is said to be the most profitable. Due to the fact that kids grow at such a fast rate and the possibility of peer influences effecting what a child wants to wear (as opposed to an adult), children's clothes are in demand.
With these tips, you should have no trouble getting started.